Offering breastfeeding support to the families of newborns in the greater Boston area and Metrowest
Breastfeeding provides the optimum nutrition for babies and has many benefits for mom as well. Though the process is natural, however, it doesn’t mean that it’s always easy. That’s why Northeast Moms & Babies is here to offer you breastfeeding support.
Our team of lactation professionals can help you get breastfeeding off to a good start or help you trouble shoot problems along the way. We come to your home where you and your baby are most comfortable (and safe from germs found in clinics!) and provide non-judgmental support for a wide range of breastfeeding concerns.
We are nurse practitioners as well as lactation consultants and moms, so we have the experience and expertise needed to help you reach your breastfeeding goals, whatever they may be. We will address all of your concerns, offering you breastfeeding support during the visit and leaving you with a plan that fits your goals. Since breastfeeding issues in the early days are urgent, we guarantee to respond to you within the same day and to set up a visit within 24-48 hours. Consults come with follow-up email support.
Some common reasons for reaching out to a lactation consultant:
- You’re concerned about an inadequate or over abundant milk supply.
- You feel your baby is not getting enough milk.
- You are having issues with latching and positioning.
- You have sore or painful and cracked nipples.
- You suspect your baby is tongue tied.
- You have pumping concerns.
- Your baby has not regained birth weight at 2 weeks.
- You are concerned about transitioning back to work.
- Your baby was preterm or has health issues.
- You are concerned about breastfeeding multiples.
- You have questions about weaning.
- You have questions about introducing solids to your breastfeeding baby.
**Return to Work, Introducing Solids, and Weaning are offered as phone consults instead of face-to-face if desired.